Friday, February 4, 2011

Oh the Judging Nightmares

Photo By: Kelsey Pecsek
Well... today marks the first day I have ever said an entire set of horse judging reasons out loud. It was horrible.

After two hours of reciting my reasons for placing those Quarter Horse mares 3, 4, 1, 2 to the national champions from Texas, I did something I never do.

I quit. I literally dropped to my knees in front of my coach and begged to stop saying the same set over and over.

Following my embarrassing and dramatic admittance of defeat, I leveled my stress out. I remembered something. I remembered that little piece of me that never allowed such behavior. It was my "try."

So try I must. I will stand up from bent knees and speak with confidence.

I placed this class of Quarter Horse mares 3, 4, 1 and 2!

Let my momentary disgrace and lapse in "try" be a lesson. Keep trying... and if you ever fall down, dust yourself off, and TRY AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about all of this?